Saturday, 26 November 2011

The breakfast of champions

What do you eat? Is a question I get asked a lot. Well for most of my breakfasts I eat Vega. Vega is a protein shake that is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, corn free and vegan. I LOVE IT! In one serving it has

Probiotics = 100g of probiotic yogurt
Vitamin E = 23 cups of Spinach
Protein = 4 Farm fresh eggs
Fiber = 7 Slices of whole wheat breatd
Iron = 29 oz of beef
Antioxidants= 1 cup of Blueberries
Omega 3 = 6 oz Wild Salmon
Potassium= 6 Bananas
Calcium=5 Cups of Milk
Cholorophyll=1 head of lettuce

When I first started drinking it I had to drink it all at once because I didn't like the taste, but now I like it. I like the chocolate flavor and I have it with chocolate soy or almond milk. Yummy.

For those who want more eartth-friendly meals on lid to the Vega container they have written:

A Vega breakfast is an incredible 38 times greener for the planet than a traditional bacon and egg breakfast and 10 times better than a wheat cereal-based breakfast. In fact, switching to Vega for 1 year would be equal to truning off a 60 watt light bulb for 12,500 hours, or 521 consecutive days.

For more info on it go to myvega.com

2 comments:

  1. It would be hard to eat everything listed in the Vega, so you sure do get the nutrition you need in one glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have my vega every morning blended with banana, strawberries, kiwi & cantelope.....fantastic way to start a day!!

    ReplyDelete