Wednesday, 18 April 2012

Gluten free and vegan cornbread muffins

I was looking through my vegan cookbooks last night and I came across a cornbread recipe that I made gluten free for myself and my son.




It was really easy and I am not the best baker.

Ingredients

1/2 cups of corn meal
1/2 cup of flour (This is where I put in all purpose gluten free baking flour - by Red Mill)
3 tbsp oil
2 tsp of sugar (You can add maple syrup if you like)
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tsp of baking powder
3 cups of soy milk. (I used almond milk to make this soy free)

Mix


Scoop in a muffin pan. They don't rise so, what you put in is the size you will get.





Bake at 400F for 20-25 min

I also made a little bun with the leftovers that didn't fit in the muffin pan.
And then enjoy


I had two of these for breakfast, but in half, warmed with Earth balance margarine and blueberry jam.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment