Saturday, 7 April 2012

Gluten free & vegan Passover food

So we were at a friends house yesterday for Passover and I brought a gluten free vegan dish, and she made gluten free vegan matzo ball soup.

The matzo ball's my son loved. I loved them too! He ate at least two of them yesterday, then ate one when we got home, then he is now eating another one for breakfast. Good thing I took her leftovers! :)

Here's the matzo ball, it's a German potato ball.


I put this in a black bowl that we have. (For some reason this picture makes me think the potato ball is in a glamor shot.)

So this is what I brought. They have onion or carrots stuffed inside. They are really just fancy onion rings. :)


These tasted amazing when I freshly made them in the morning. When they were re-heated for the dinner, they were good...but not like when they were just made. They had lost their crispness later on. 


Ingredients
2 cups of cooked Quinoa
1 cup of sunflower seeds (roasted and salted)
3/4 cup of gluten free pancake mix.

Directions
1. Cook Quinoa in a rice cooker/pot. Follow the directions on the bag.
2. Grind up sunflower seeds very finely.
3. Mix the pancake batter separately.
4. Mix all three together. (Quinoa, sunflower seeds, GF pancake mix)
5. Scoop a ball of the mixture and put an onion or cut carrot in the centre
6. Fry in oil.

* I tired this broccoli but it didn't work. I would need to put less quinoa in the mixture and more GF pancake mix.

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment