Tuesday, 1 May 2012

Rice paper wraps (Gluten free, soy free, and vegan)

Here is my second blog attempt at a rice wrap...


Ingredients

Rice paper
Chopped peppers
Green onion
Cilantro
Leftover BBQ tofu
Spring roll chili sauce to drizzle over or dip into

Directions

1. Soak the rice paper in a bit of water for 2 min until soft.
2. Chop your food that you want to use
3. Place on your wrap and then start to fold and roll







It took me 3 times to finally get my first roll. The paper kept ripping. Once I got the hang of it, it was fine.

After all said and done, I prefer lettuce wraps. They are just so much easier and I love the crispness that lettuce brings to the meal. Rice paper sometimes feels too soft to me and sometimes I don't like it.

With the rest of my rice paper I am going to try and master spring rolls.

Here is two brands of rice paper.




Enjoy!




2 comments:

  1. How is this recipe soy free if it contains tofu?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree! Tofu is soy!

    ReplyDelete